DuPage County, located in Illinois, is part of the Chicago Metropolitan Area. It is the second most populous county in the state after Cook County. Together, both counties make up half the population of Illinois.
The county seat of DuPage County is the City of Wheaton.
- Zip codes covering DuPage County IL
- DuPage County ILzip code boundary map
- DuPage County IL Area Codes
The county has a total area of 336.41 square miles, of which 327.50 square miles is land and 8.91 square miles is water. The DuPage River and the Salt Creek flow through the county. Adjacent counties to DuPage County include:
There are nine different townships in DuPage County, including:
- Downers Grove
- Lisle, Milton
Cities in DuPage County include:
- Aurora – (partly in Kane, Kendall and Will counties)
- Batavia – (partly in Kane County)
- Chicago – (mostly in Cook Count)
- Elmhurst – (partly in Cook County)
- Naperville – (partly in Will County)
- Oakbrook Terrace
- St. Charles – (partly in Kane County)
- West Chicago
- Wood Dale
DuPage County Climate
On average, there are 189 sunny days per year in DuPage County with July highs around 86 degrees and January lows around 14 degrees. The county gets around 36 inches of rain and 30 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 111. The comfort index, which is based on humidity during the hot months, is a 44 out of 100, where higher is more comfortable.
DuPage County People
As of 2012, the population of DuPage County is 916,924 people with 2,800 people per square mile (population density). The median age in the county is 38. 54.71% of people are married and 8.36% are divorced. The average household size is 2.69 people. 38.10% of people are married with children and 9.16% have children and are single.
DuPage County Economy
DuPage County is considered to be one of the wealthiest in the country, has the highest per capita income in Illinois and the highest per capita income in the Midwest. 19 of the county’s towns have average household incomes of over $100,000. Once primarily agricultural, Dupage County is now rich, offering many different types of commerce.
The unemployment rate in DuPage County is 7.70%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 30.72%. DuPage County sales tax rate is 8.25% and income tax is 5.00%.
The income per capita is $36,348, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $76,959. DuPage County population by occupation:
- Management, Business, and Financial Operations 19.99%
- Professional and Related Occupations 24.10%
- Service 9.34%
- Sales and Office 30.18%
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry 0.06%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance 6.43%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 9.90%
DuPage County Real Estate and Housing
Dupage County offers a wide variety of new and resale properties. Homes range from one and two-story homes, single family homes, duplex properties, condominiums, luxury real estate and properties with views.
The median age of DuPage County IL real estate is 33 years. Renters make up 23.95% of the county’s population and 5.35% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Visit Trulia for current market overview for DuPage County Illinois real estate by zip code.
DuPage County Education and Schools
DuPage County schools spend $6,044 per student. There are 17 students per teacher, 865 students per librarian, and 513 students per counselor.
- DuPage School District Listing
- Addison Elementary School Dist. 4
- Benjamin Elementary District 25
- Bensenville Elementary District 2
- Bloomingdale School Dist.13
- Burr Ridge School Dist 180
- Cass Elementary School Dist. 63
- Community Consolidated Dist. 15
- Community Consolidated Dist 45
- Community Consolidated Dist. 93
- Community High School Dist. 94
- Community Consolidated Dist. 89
- Downers Grove Grade School Dist. 58
- Downers Grove High School Dist. 99
- Fenton High School District 100
- Glendale Heights School Dist.16
- Glen Ellyn School Dist. 41
- Glenbard High School Dist. 87
- Hinsdale High School Dist. 86
- Indian Prairie School Dist. 204
- Itasca School Dist. 10
- Keeneyville Elementary School Dist. 20
- Lake Park High School District 108
- Lisle Community Unit School Dist. 202
- Lombard School Dist. 44
- Naperville School Dist. 203
- Puffer School Dist 69
- Roselle Elementary District 12
- St. Charles School Dist. 303
- Salt Creek School Dist. 48
- Technology Center of DuPage
- Unit School Dist. U-46
- Unit School Dist. 205
- Villa Park School Dist. 88
- West Chicage School Dist. 33
- Westmont School Dist. 201
- Wheaton/ Warrenville School Dist 200
- Winfield School Dist. 34
- Wood Dale Elementary District 7
- Woodridge School Dist. 68
Dupage County Colleges/universities
- The College of DuPage
- Benedictine University
- DePaul University
- DeVry University
- Elmhurst College
- Hamburger University
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Midwestern University
- National–Louis University
- National University of Health Sciences
- North Central College
- Northern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Northern Illinois University
- Robert Morris University
- Westwood College
- Wheaton College
DuPage County Hospitals
- Central DuPage Hospital
- Edward Hospital
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan
- Adventist Glen Oaks Hospital
DuPage County Museums
- Billy Graham Center
- Elmhurst Art Museum
- DuPage Children’s Museum
- DuPage County Historical Museum
- Graue Mill
- Lisle Station Park
- Lizzadro Lapidary Museum
- Morton Arboretum
- Naper Settlement Museum
DuPage County Parks and Trails
- Ty Warner Park
- Lilacia Park
- Centennial Beach
- Illinois Prairie Path
- Great Western Trail
- Fox River Trail
DuPage County Transportation
Chicago O’Hare International Airport is 24 miles from the center of DuPage County. Another major airport is Chicago Midway International Airport, 27 miles from DuPage County. DuPage is served by the Pace bus system. List of Highways in DuPage County.
The average one-way commute in DuPage County takes 32 minutes. 78% of commuters drive their own car alone, 8% carpool with others, 7% take mass transit and 4% work from home.
DuPage County Community Resource Links
- DuPage County Website
- DuPage County Libraries
- DuPage County Jobs
- DuPage County Local Weather
- DuPage County Public Golf Courses
- State of Illinois
- Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles
- Illinois State Tax Information
DuPage County Illinois Real Estate Specialists
If you are thinking about selling your DuPage County IL home, we have years of experience and extensive training in cutting-edge, online marketing technologies for today’s competitive market.
If you are behind on your mortgage and don’t know what to do, we are experts in DuPage County IL short sales. The first step in the selling process is to provide you with an in-depth comparative market analysis (CMA) on your home.
We will then create a comprehensive online game plan to get your DuPage County IL real estate in front of as many people as possible and get it sold as quickly as possible!
We also offer expertise in the home buying process, focusing on the Chicagoland area and surrounding suburbs. Give us a call today for a list of DuPage County IL homes for sale that are currently available in your area of interest.
As an investor, we have several services available in the preparation for the sale of REO’S and Short Sale properties. This includes a variety of professional sub-contractors who can do whatever is needed to prepare the property for sale. Once the property is ready, we can also help you with your specific marketing needs.
Whether you are looking to buy, sell or invest, we offer comprehensive real estate services in the following counties, but not limited to:
- Cook County IL Real Estate
- DuPage County IL Real Estate
- Kane County IL Real Estate
- McHenry County IL Real Estate
- Will County IL Real Estate
Please give us a call at 773.671.4663, or fill out the online contact form, and let us know how we can best serve your DuPage County Illinois real estate needs!
Adam Balawender, Realtor, CDPE
Real Estate Pro Chicago Re\max, City
Cell Phone: 773.671.4663